ADAS provide consultancy and applied research on waste related topics to resource and waste management companies, the agricultural and water industries and landfill operators.
Our independent consultancy and applied research helps companies meet the requirements of legislation, in particular the Landfill and Waste Framework Directives, which drive waste recovery and recycling rates.
We have an extensive understanding of the scientific, regulatory and economic aspects of the waste industry. Our consultancy is supported by a strong research base which enables ADAS to provide robust cost effective solutions.
We have excellent links with the agricultural industry through a wide range of agricultural and environmental consultancy. This unique link is a great advantage when we work with organic material producers to ensure that organic materials (including biosolids, compost and digestate etc) are recycled to land to maximise their benefit and in accordance with the legislation.
We have worked in the anaerobic digestion (AD) industry for over 30 years and have an in-depth understanding of the whole process from feedstock and technology assessment to digestate management.
Our technical specialists are able to provide independent expert advice on a wide range of waste related topics. As part of the wider ADAS offer, we have expertise in engineering, planning, business management, soil science and ecology.
Our services include:
- Waste analysis and quantification
- Interpretation of legislation
- Design, planning and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for recycling waste facilities including anaerobic digestion, composting and mechanical biological treatment (MBT) plants
- Specialist in feasibility studies for waste processing and energy generation facilities
- Assistance with suitability for and obtaining funding
- Composting technologies, including bioaerosols and odour management.
- Assessing alternative uses for waste e.g. generating fuel/heat or electricity
- Independent expert advice on waste-related issues.