ADAS works directly with the Waste Resource Action Programme (WRAP) as advisors to their sector specific working groups, and with WRAP’s Courtauld Signatory companies across their direct operations and supply chains to measure and identify where action is needed to reduce resource waste in their food supply network.
Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
ADAS helps businesses develop and implement practical risk management strategies based on our specialist knowledge of agricultural supply chains. We believe that effectively managing risk doesn’t need to be costly, and our approach allows prioritisation of action, and increases the capacity of suppliers to manage risks.
Backed up by the breadth of expertise in ADAS, we bring an expert knowledge of the drivers of risks such as human rights, food fraud, environmental damage, farming practices, animal welfare and ethical considerations.
Services our experts provide include:
- Understanding and minimising risks when sourcing key raw materials - Working with global food businesses to help them understand the risks in their supply chain and take actions to minimise future risks. Including the sourcing of key raw materials such as palm oil, soya, timber and beef.
- Understand where to prioritise action - Supply chains are complex and it is impossible to tackle everything at once. Our approach engages with the supply chain to identify where the highest risks lie, so you can cost-effectively prioritise action.
- Increase your organisations credibility - Actively reviewing and tackling issues in raw material supply chains ensures you are one step in front of your competitors, and gain recognition for being a responsible business with clients and consumers.
- Reduce the risk of operation disruption - Threats to the supply chain such as resource scarcity, food fraud and extreme weather events can disrupt the supply of raw materials. Our approach allows you to effectively identify and manage the risks to your operations.
- Identify opportunities to build competitive advantage throughout the supply chain - Our approach engages all stakeholders to identify opportunities across the chain to allow cost saving benefits to be realised.
- Adding value - Working with the supply chain to tackle problems together inspires mutual trust and confidence that adds value to all businesses.
- Improving performance - Highlighting where opportunities may lie to help increase financial performance, cost savings, enhance security of output and demonstrate sustainability through your supply chains.
Senior Consultant, Sustainable Food and Farming
+44 (0) 1954 268214