ADAS entomologists provide research and consultancy expertise to improve management of arable, horticultural and tree pests.
Our team conducts innovative research and provides specialist consultancy. We develop sustainable and practical Integrated Pest Management (IPM) solutions.
We deliver projects for a range of clients, including Government, levy-funded organisations and private companies, often in collaboration with other leading research organisations and universities. Research areas include development and optimisation of biological and cultural control methods within IPM programmes, pesticide and biopesticide efficacy trials, pest biology and ecology, risk assessment, resistance management, pest monitoring and forecasting systems, and technology transfer.
From proof-of-principle in the laboratory or glasshouse to validation in the field and commercial environments, we provide independent, evidence-based and reliable data to support decision making and risk management. We have a proven track-record of delivering and managing both short- and long-term projects.
Our services include:
- Pest identification, monitoring and forecasting
- Research and consultancy on improved methods for pest management
- Project development, management and delivery
- Technology transfer and training for farmers, growers, suppliers and consultants
Research areas in laboratory, semi-field and commercial environments include:
- Systematic literature reviews
- Pest and natural enemy biology and behaviour
- Efficacy of biological control agents
- Pesticide and biopesticide efficacy trials
- Resistance management
- Development of novel pest management measures
- Impacts of pest management methods on beneficial invertebrates
- Monitoring, forecasting and modelling
Example project: Control and monitoring of mangold fly