ADAS provides consultancy services to farmers, levy bodies, government and their agencies and corporate companies on all aspects of livestock management from conception to consumption.
Our team of livestock consultants have expertise across a range of livestock species including pigs, poultry, cattle and sheep (and minor species e.g. deer).
We deliver a wide range of services across the supply chain, from animal husbandry, health and welfare through to nutrition and breeding, meat quality, business review and project management. We work directly with individual farmers and levy bodies on research and development as well as knowledge transfer across the agricultural sector.
We provide policy advice to the food industry and to Government. We have expertise in greenhouse gas (GHG) mitigation from livestock systems, climate change and resource use efficiency and work with a strong team of soil specialist and environmental scientists to deliver our client’s needs.
Our services include:
- Livestock husbandry
- Health and welfare
- Resource management
- Waste reduction
- GHG reduction and mitigation
- Policy evaluation e.g. impact of changes in legislation
- Knowledge transfer to key stakeholders and farmers
- Market research
- Feasibility studies
- Business review and business management
- Nutrient planning and correct use of farm yard manures
- Research and development – on farm trials
- Animal nutrition
- Grassland and forage production