The ADAS weeds team provide expertise in weed control, management, biology, and biodiversity. We work on arable, horticultural, grassland, and amenity areas.
Leading the way in applied weed research, we conduct a range of field, outside container, and glasshouse trials. We also deliver desk-based research including literature reviews and economic assessments.
Our team of experts work with clients from industry, funding bodies, and government organisations. The services we provide include initial trial design and feasibility, through to data collection, interpretation, and reporting.
Our services and expertise include:
- Integrated weed management
- Contract trials – field, outdoor container, polytunnel, and glasshouse
- Pesticide and biopesticide efficacy trials, including to ORETO
- Resistance management and prevention techniques
- Herbicide resistance testing
- Non-chemical and organic weed control
- Weed identification
- Detailed understanding of weed biology and ecology, including:
- Seed dormancy
- Weed germination and emergence patterns
- Interactions with cultivation dates and timings
- Weeds as a wildlife resource
- Advice on weed control in horticulture
- Conservation of rare arable weeds
- Desk studies including literature or economic reviews
- Data interpretation and statistical analysis
- Peer review editing