As harvest drew to a close on most farms, the rate of progress dropped off in WE10 September with 139Kha cut, down from 431Kha cut in WE03. To WE10 September just over 3.5Mha had been harvested, equivalent to 96% of the GB cereal and oilseed rape area.
There are just over 145k hectares left to harvest, mostly in Scotland. Harvest progress to WE10 September can be summarised as:
- Wheat – 97% complete. Harvest of milling varieties now complete, with some small areas of feed wheat outstanding mainly in northern regions and Scotland.
- Winter barley –100% complete.
- Spring barley – 90% complete. Southern regions are now complete, with small areas remaining in the Midlands, Yorkshire and Scotland.
- Oats – 87% complete. Progress continued over the last fortnight with southern areas now complete. Areas of spring oats remain in the north and Scotland.
- Winter oilseed rape – 100% complete, with the outstanding areas in Scotland now harvested.
Find out more
The full report is available to download here.
If you'd like to find out more about this Harvest Report, please contact Emily Mason.