Closing Date - Open
Location: Boxworth, Cambridgeshire, UK or home-based
Salary: Competitive Salary
Cambridge Environmental Assessments is part of RSK ADAS. With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
Cambridge Environmental Assessments (CEA) provides technical and strategic toxicological and risk assessment expertise and dossier support for chemical and product registrations encompassing agrochemicals, biocides, veterinary and human pharmaceuticals, food additives, novel foods, cosmetics and general chemicals. CEA also specialise in designing and conducting higher tier studies and regulatory environmental risk assessments for chemicals, toxicology and REACH compliance.
CEA and the wider ADAS are supported by parent company, RSK Group, a leading provider of engineering and environmental consultancy and technical support services.
To develop and deliver innovative toxicology support work for commercial clients, within a varied, dynamic and supportive environment.
This will involve:
- Managing Toxicology projects throughout the project lifecycle (including scoping the work, planning the resources and ensuring timely and profitable delivery).
- Delivering toxicology consultancy to a range of commercial clients.
- Delivering technical reviews, investigations and other desk-based assessments in support of commercially funded projects.
- Writing clear and accurate scientific reports, and conducting literature reviews, suitable for submission to international regulatory authorities.
- Working with regulators on behalf of clients, as required.
- Developing expertise in key health endpoints eg endocrine disruption and reproductive and developmental toxicity.
- Contributing towards the strategic development of the toxicology team.
- Developing interactions, approaches and assessment strategies with other expertise groups within CEA to optimise the group’s skillset and enable the delivery of an integrated offering to our clients.
- Maintaining and building CEA's reputation and relationship with clients and regulators by taking part in face-to-face meetings, conference calls and presentations, as required.
- Contributing towards the development of CEA's marketing strategies and activities.
Successful candidate will
- Be an imaginative toxicologist with a very good grasp of general toxicology and risk assessment.
- Ideally, hold a post-graduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline e.g. MSc in Toxicology.
- Have 2-3 year’s toxicological risk assessment experience in industry.
- To either have or to develop expertise in endocrine disruption and reproductive and developmental toxicity
- Be a member of a Professional Register in Toxicology (e.g. ERT).
- Have a working knowledge of chemical use and regulation relevant to human health within the industrial chemical/agricultural/environmental sectors in the UK and Europe.
- Have a willingness to work flexibly and occasionally travel within Europe.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills, good organisational and planning skills, and good interpersonal and team working skills.
What can you expect from us?
We recognise that staff are our most valuable asset and that their integrity, commitment and loyalty is vital to how we conduct our business, and to the long-term success of the company. In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect an open and relaxed management culture. We also offer a flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care and regular training and development opportunities.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk. Please apply early as this vacancy will close as soon as we have received enough applications.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work, and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk, www.cea.adas.co.uk and www.rsk.co.uk