Closing Date - Open
Locations: Coventry and Avonmouth areas
Salary: £23k - £25k, dependant on experience
RSK Habitat Management are a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate(s) will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services.
We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for Full-Time Team Leaders, who are outstanding team players and who have a positive and professional attitude to join our team and undertake projects locally and nationwide. You will have at least 3 years experience in undertaking practical site-based works and will have demonstrable experience in adhering to site health, safety, environmental and wellbeing standards. We are looking for individuals to be based within commuting distance of our Avonmouth and Coventry offices respectively.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working within one or more of the following industries: ecological contracting, landscaping, agricultural operations, and countryside management or vegetation clearance industries.
We are looking for real go-getters with a practical and determined approach and someone who will help the business to grow and improve.
The role has the possibility of becoming full time subject to workload.
Successful candidates will:
- Lead on the delivery of ecological contracting work packages on site, helping to ensure that works are delivered on programme, on budget and with zero defects;
- Take responsibility for a small individual team, undertaking discrete work packages, ensuring that works are delivered on programme, on budget and with zero defects;
- Lead and motivate a small site team;
- Keep accurate daily diaries for all site-based works including other reporting as required.
- Monitor and track daily plant, labour, equipment and material allocations;
- Operate effectively in a dynamic working environment;
- Undertake general maintenance on small plant, tools and equipment, making sure that they are fit for purpose.
- Be highly organized and able to adapt to quick changes in a dynamic working environment;
- Adhere to site safety, environmental and wellbeing requirements;
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members and other site-based staff.
- Lead by example, maintaining the highest standards of quality;
- Full driving licence, ideally with Trailer Licence (B+E).
- First Aid at Work qualification
- 3 years’ experience of managing teams within a practical land management setting.
- PTS AC/DC
- PA1/PA6W herbicide spraying;
- CS30 & 31. Other chainsaw qualifications will be looked on favourably;
- LANTRA Woodchipper;
- LANTRA Brushcutter;
- Experienced in operating a wide variety of plant with relevant tickets.
- Safety Critical Medical
- Highways England Common Induction
Salary and benefits:
- Salary £23k - £25k, dependant on experience.
- Overtime and weekend supplement.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away).
- Access to a company vehicle for site duties
- Contributory Pension Scheme
To apply, please visit the RSK Careers Portal and click apply