Closing Date - Open
RSK Habitat Management are a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate(s) will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services.
We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for Team Leaders, who are outstanding team players and who have a positive and professional attitude to join our team to undertake projects locally and nationwide. You will be experienced in undertaking practical site based works, and will have demonstrable experience in adhering to site health, safety, environmental and wellbeing standards.
The ideal candidate will ideally have prior experience of working within one or more of the following industries: ecological contracting, landscaping, agricultural operations, and countryside management or vegetation clearance industries. However, we are prepared to invest in the right candidate who demonstrates the necessary work ethic and shares our values.
We are looking for real go-getters with a practical and determined approach and someone who will help the business to grow and improve. There is a real opportunity for progression within this role, with a clearly defined career pathway and opportunities for external training available.
Successful candidates will
- Help in the delivery and undertaking of ecological contracting work packages on site, helping to ensure that works are delivered on programme, on budget and with zero defects;
- Take responsibility for a small individual team, undertaking discrete work packages, ensuring that works are delivered on programme, on budget and with zero defects;
- Lead and motivate a small site team;
- Keep accurate daily diaries for all site-based works;
- Monitor and track daily plant, labour, equipment and material allocations;
- Operate effectively in a dynamic working environment;
- Undertake general maintenance on small plant, tools and equipment, making sure that they are fit for purpose.
- Be highly organized and able to adapt to quick changes in a dynamic working environment;
- Adhere to site safety, environmental and wellbeing requirements;
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members and other site-based staff.
- Lead by example, maintaining the highest standards of quality;
- FAAW qualification;
- PTS AC/DC
- PA1/PA6W herbicide spraying;
- CS30 & 31. Other chainsaw qualifications will be looked on favourably;
- LANTRA Woodchipper;
- LANTRA Brushcutter;
- Experienced in operating a wide variety of plant;
- Full driving licence, ideally with Trailer Licence (B+E).
Salary and benefits
- £19,000 to £24,000 (dependent on experience)
- Overtime and weekend supplement.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away).
- Access to a company vehicle.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private healthcare.
- Regular training and career development.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk