Closing Date - Open
Location: UK wide
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
ADAS is the leading supplier of independent technical, environmental and farm business advice to the UK’s farmers and growers, land managers and related organisations. We provide a wide range of specialist consultancy services to individual business, undertake leading edge research and deliver knowledge transfer and advice programmes on behalf of government and industry organisations.
We are looking to recruit motivated and ambitious Soil Surveyors / Scientists to fill roles within our well established and expanding Agriculture and Soils team based in the UK delivering land drainage and soil based consultancy.
The successful candidates will be involved in a wide range of projects across all our business sectors including agriculture, cross country pipelines and cables, infrastructure, residential and commercial developments. The roles will be office based with site-based work.
The successful candidates will undertake soil survey fieldwork and produce written reports for Agricultural Land Classification (ALC), Soil Resource Assessment and other related projects for clients. They would be required manage data to support technical reporting, planning applications and EIA, liaise with clients, landowners, contractors, statutory authorities and third parties.
- Delivery into a range of soil and water contracts. This will involve project planning, organising, managing delivery and production of reports to ensure that work is completed to the required standards, is delivered on time, meets the project profit target, and is delivered to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Analyse data and learn to use ADAS mapping software packages.
- Lead and support field and work site visits.
- To develop skills with a view of registration with a professional body if not already e.g The Institution of Agricultural Engineers or British Society Soil Science.
- Contribute to business development activities, including marketing of Soil and Water engineering services and sales.
Applicants will need to demonstrate/ possess the following:
- Hold a degree or a postgraduate qualification in Soil Science, or a related degree (physical geology, environmental science) with relevant practical experience.
- Have experience of soil surveying and knowledge of Agricultural Land Classification (ALC)
- Be able to demonstrate excellent report writing skills.
- Be accustomed to working outside in all weather.
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner in English.
- Good computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft office programs including Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Full driving licence and own transport.
- Flexibility in the range of work undertaken
- Ability to develop skills with a view of registration with a professional body if not already e.g The Institution of Agricultural Engineers or British Society Soil Science.
Other Desirable Attributes
Knowledge of the following points would be desirable:
- Agricultural drainage in the UK.
- The implications of construction projects on agricultural land.
- An understanding of UK agricultural practice and business issues.
Salary and benefits:
- Negotiable depending on experience – Consultant and Senior Consultant grades required
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and flexible working hours.
To apply, please visit the RSK Careers Portal and click apply
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer