Closing Date - Open
Location: UK Wide
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
ADAS’ Policy and Socio-economics team, is an enthusiastic group of individuals who work collaboratively across a range of agri-environmental, economic and social research areas. We undertake innovative work on behalf of Government, levy boards and the third and private sectors; helping to explore new ways of working and developing the evidence base for an economically viable and socio-ecologically robust natural environment. We now have exciting vacancies for motivated and ambitious individuals who are looking to evolve professionally, to innovate and to help us continue to push the boundaries and make a difference.
We are currently looking to recruit two consultants (ideally one at a more senior level) to work full time in our team. The office location for these roles is flexible as our team is spread across England and Wales. Currently, we are operating remote working for many of our office-based employees and this is expected to evolve into a blended working arrangement when restrictions enable this.
Social Scientist (two posts, one senior)
- Delivery of research and consultancy projects with a social science element to include;
- Designing, developing and conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, using statistical software where appropriate.
- Thematic analysis and coding of qualitative data.
- Fieldwork and sample management - interviews, surveys or workshops.
- Contributing to literature reviews – systematic searches, data extraction
- Communication of project outputs in a range of formats including written reports, presentations (Inc. tables, graphs, charts) and infographics suitable for a range of audiences.
- Work with colleagues across RSK and ADAS and in collaboration with other organisations
- Contribute to tenders - creation of research proposals for projects.
The senior role will be expected to:
- Identify new opportunities, lead tenders and to manage less-experienced members of the team.
- Manage projects – liaise with clients, manage financial aspects, manage delivery team.
- Develop new business in the area of social science, working with others in the organisation as well as external contacts to achieve this.
- Relevant undergraduate and/or postgraduate experience (essential for senior role) in social research and policy in areas such as sustainable management of natural resources, agri-environment, ecosystem services (awareness of Natural Capital and associated analytical methods would be particularly desirable).
- Quantitative skills including an ability to interpret quantitative data and information to address the needs of the client or an interest/desire in learning these skills.
- A valid UK driving licence.
- An understanding of social science research techniques including experience in designing and developing surveys and questionnaires, and using online survey tools and survey analysis software.
- An interest in, and understanding of, existing and future opportunities for agriculture and the environment.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills.
- For the senior role we would expect experience and track record in undertaking qualitative and quantitative analysis in a consultancy or research organisation and a higher level of technical and communication skills.
Salary and benefits
- Commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
To apply, please visit the RSK Careers Portal and click apply
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.