Closing Date - Open
Location: England and Wales
Salary: £24,000 to £35,000 per annum
RSK Habitat Management is a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate(s) will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services.
We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for a skilled machinery operative, who has extensive experience in operating plant and who has a positive and professional attitude to join our team. The role will involve working on a National basis and will involve some element of staying away and travelling.
We are looking for someone who has significant experience in operating plant and equipment in environmentally sensitive areas. Staff with experience in operating on and handling peat will be looked on favourably.
You will be experienced in operating a wide variety of plant, and ideally, will be highly experienced in operating 360 excavators and tractors.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a team, and who wants to be a key part of the business as we grow and develop. We are wanting to make a real difference to our environment, helping in the delivery of Biodiversity Net Gain and reaching Net Zero for Carbon. There is a real opportunity for progression within this role, with a clearly defined career pathway and opportunities for external training available.
Successful candidates will
- Operate heavy plant and equipment on-site, ensuring the highest standards are adhered to and that company policies and procedures are followed at all times;
- Help in the delivery of ecological contracting, habitat creation and vegetation clearance work packages on site, ensuring that works are delivered on programme, budget and to the required quality standards;
- Operate effectively in a dynamic and challenging working environment;
- Carry out any necessary basic maintenance and repairs to plant;
- Undertake daily compliance checks of equipment, plant and machinery;
- Assist the Operations team in ensuring that plant, machinery and equipment is maintained in accordance with the PUWR and LOLER regulations;
- Communicate effectively with site teams, suppliers, clients and the wider delivery team;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with site teams, suppliers, clients and office-based staff.
- Valid CPCS Card(s)
- Valid CSCS card or equivalent
- Ideally, hold 3 day First Aid at Work Qualification
- Ideally, hold HGV Class 1 licence
- Experience of operating plant and machinery in ecologically and environmentally sensitive environments
- Experience of operating excavators with specialist attachments including Tree shears, forestry mulchers and tilt rotators
- Physically fit and motivated
- Able to carry out basic machine maintenance and site repairs
- High quality of workmanship with an eye for detail
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working within a fast-paced working environment
- Prepared to stay away Monday to Friday
Salary and benefits:
- £24,000 up to £35,000 per annum (for exceptional candidates).
- Overtime with Night and Weekend enhancements.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away).
- Access to a company vehicle.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private healthcare.
- Regular training and career development.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work, and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rskgroup.com