Closing Date - Open
Salary: Competitive Salary
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries, and as a result of our continued success, we require an experienced proactive Ecological Consultant or Senior Ecological Consultant with the drive and desire to grow our team based in South Wales. The successful candidate will work well with limited supervision and have experience in business development. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to join the business and rapidly progress their career in ecology. They will join a wider team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
You will be a key player in delivering ecological surveys and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment, with the aim to rapidly develop your skills and grow the business in the South Wales region.
Successful candidates will
- Undertake a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation. This will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client’s satisfaction.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Write and produce concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Undertaking Ecological Impact Assessments and inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Hold at least one Natural England/Natural Resources Wales survey licence.
- Have experience of protected species licensing or have the ambition to gain the required experience to be a named ecologist on a European Protected Species Licence.
- Manage your own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Supporting and driving sales activities by assisting with and taking a lead in drafting proposals, tenders and quotes and building client relationships by taking ownership of your own projects therefore helping to achieve team sales targets.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Educated to graduate level in a relevant subject.
- Have at least one protected species survey licence, ideally bats, and have adequate experience to apply for derogation licences.
- CIEEM membership.
- Experience of bat analysis software.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques.
- Have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate technical reports.
- Able to work alone and manage your own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Full driving licence and have use of a car.
- Flexible working with regards to type of work, timing and location.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Be commercially aware with experience of managing budgets.
- CSCS card holder.
- PTS qualified.
- Quote/tender production.
- Client management experience.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care.
- Regular training and career development.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining ADAS, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, ADAS wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on +44 (0)7384 212094 or email email@example.com. Applications are being reviewed as received and successful candidates will be invited for an initial online interview.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work, and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rskgroup.com