Closing Date - Open
Salary: Competitive Salary (subject to experience)
RSK Habitat Management are a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services.
We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK, and ranked third by Environment Analyst for providing Environmental Consultancy services in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team. We are looking for someone who is looking to build and continue their career in Quantity Surveying, and who thrives on working on large nationally significant infrastructure projects and working in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have at least four years experience in Quantity Surveying, and preferably from a Main Contracting background. You will ideally have experience of working on contract values in excess of £5m.
As the Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the commercial management of our contracts, ensuring that all works are delivered in accordance with the contractual requirements, and ensure that effective client, internal and supply chain relationships are maintained.
We are looking for a strong details person, who is adept at working with a process driven system and who has strong administration and communication skills. There is a real opportunity for progression within this role, with a clearly defined career pathway and opportunities for external training available.
Successful candidates will:
- Prepare Activity Schedules and Resource Schedules;
- Appraise, estimate and negotiate the above with associated third parties;
- Support contract managers in project cost control and associated cost management;
- Ensure contractual compliance;
- Produce monthly valuations and applications for payment;
- Cost reporting;
- Manage variations;
- Prepare and issue account development review to clients regularly;
- Prepare and issue Applications for Payments to Clients on a timely basis and obtain necessary client approval;
- Prepare and settle Final Account on completion of contracts;
- Assist with the preparation of delay and disruption programmes;
- Monitor subcontract activities, measure and respond appropriately;
- Analyse commercial progress;
- Prepare procurement programme and develop procurement strategy;
- Ability to draft, negotiate and manage different NEC forms of contract;
- Analyse rates, prices, agreement of variations and/or compensations events as required;
- Prepare, submit and negotiate claims where required;
- Programming experience, preferably using MS Project and P6
- Be highly organized and able to adapt to quick changes in a dynamic working environment;
- A degree, HND or NVQ in relevant field/sector;
- At least 4 years relevant experience on Infrastructure/Construction projects;
- Experience of NEC3 and NEC4 contracts;
- Working knowledge of risk management;
- Understanding of Contract Law and Insurances;
- Strong administration skills, able to manage time and deadlines;
- Good IT skills, particularly Excel
- Effective communication skills, able to communicate effectively internally and externally with clients and supply chain;
- Excellent analytical skills and strong commercial awareness;
- Strong pre & post contract experience;
- Able to work either individually or as part of a wider team;
- Full driving licence;
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive Salary (subject to experience).
- Competitive Bonus scheme.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away).
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private healthcare.
- Regular training and career development.
To apply, please go to RSK current vacancies webpage
Applications are being reviewed as received and successful candidates invited for interview
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer