Closing Date - Open
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, including civil engineering contractors, developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries. As a result of our continued success, we require an experienced proactive Senior Ecology Contracts Manager with the drive and desire to manage one of our large framework contracts with a civil engineering company in the South East of England. The successful candidate will work well with limited supervision and have experience across a broad range of ecology skills and project management. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to join the business and rapidly progress their career in ecology. They will join a wider team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Land Management, Arboriculture, Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
You will take a lead in managing the delivery of our ecological and other environmental support services to the framework held with the civil engineering contractor. Knowledge of delivering ecological surveys and mitigation projects in a fast-moving, client focussed commercial environment is essential to ensure the smooth running of the framework.
Successful candidates will:
- Manage a portfolio of ecology contracts, primarily for the civil engineering company framework projects, but also other clients including those in the construction and utility sectors, as well as local and unitary authorities.
- Have experience of undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys, desk studies, protected species surveys and mitigation, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Manage and deliver profitable ecological mitigation, habitat creation and restoration contracts as part of the civil engineering framework and for a range of development, utility and rail projects.
- Negotiate favourable commercial terms and manage subcontractors and suppliers to deliver projects
- With the support of the wider ecology team, supervise practical works on site, effectively managing quality and commercial matters.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies as part of the delivery of the ecology and environmental support services.
- Work as part of a team and build professional relationships with colleagues to ensure best use of skills and knowledge.
- Manage your own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Word and Excel
- Keeping in touch with multiple client contacts by telephone and email
- Keeping project records up to date, including staff time, project programme, finances and milestones (including issuing of reports and EPS mitigation licence scheduled activities)
- Delegating site tasks within the ecology team
- Reporting to the Project Director
- At least five years’ relevant experience in a similar role
- Relevant degree in ecology or related field
- Project Management qualification (advantageous) or proven experience in the management of large, complex projects
- Full membership of CIEEM (or to have eligibility if not currently held)
- Have an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation and survey techniques, including Natural England protected species licences
- Good team player, with the ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm, energy and drive to develop skills and deliver projects to the highest standard
- Have excellent written communication and report reviewing skills, including survey reports, EcIAs, HRAs, protected species licence applications and tenders.
- Full driving licence and use of car
- Able to work alone and manage your own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Flexible working with regards to type of work, timing and location.
- Be commercially aware with experience of managing budgets.
- Quote/tender production.
- Client management experience.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care.
- Regular training and career development.
To apply, please visit the RSK Careers Portal
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining ADAS, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer