Closing Date - Open
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group plc which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Arboricultural business comprises a skilled team of highly qualified arboriculturists and chartered foresters focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and rural industries. The team has a vast amount of experience in all aspects of BS5837 tree surveys and planning advice, tree risk surveys and policy advice, utility arboriculture and woodland management. The successful candidate will join a team of Arboricultural professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Ecology, Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
To work flexibly to sell and deliver arboricultural consultancy in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment. This will involve:
- Working flexibly to sell and deliver arboricultural consultancy in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment.
- Having an in depth knowledge and experience of professional arboricultural work such that you can work without supervision on all but the most demanding of contracts.
- Undertaking tree surveys and provide advice to a range of developer clients in relation to the requirements of BS5837:2012
- Dealing with Tree Preservation Order issues
- Carrying out tree health surveys, hazard assessment, visual tree inspection and risk assessment surveys and reports for developers, utilities and other corporate organisations
- Managing and servicing on-site implementation of arboricultural works including the supervision of contractors
- Flexibly carry out arboricultural surveys and impact assessments on development sites and write reports and management plans all in accordance with BS5837:2012
- Undertaking arboricultural surveys for utilities and landowners using the principles of Visual Tree Assessment and specify the necessary work on individual or groups of trees in accordance with BS3998:2010
- Producing tree risk management surveys and reports using THREATS, QTRA or other recognized system
- Managing small scale arboricultural contracts ensuring that work is delivered on time, within budget and meets the client’s satisfaction
- Carrying out and supporting sales activities, including drafting proposals and quotes and assisting with submission of tenders
- Selling arboricultural work to existing and new clients through sales visits, presentations etc.
- Developing business through establishing good client relationships and identifying opportunities for follow-on work.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location
It would be desirable for the candidate to hold any of the following:
- Arboricultural degree or equivalent
- Lantra Professional Tree Inspection certificate
- NPTC Certificate of Competence in Utility Arboriculture Unit 5.1 and 5.2
- Licensed QTRA tree risk assessor and knowledge of THREATS tree risk assessment method
- A recognised forestry qualification
- Membership of a relevant professional association/body such as the Arboricultural Association, Royal Forestry Society or Institute of Chartered Foresters.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects. The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk