Closing Date - Monday 16th March 2020
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS is part of the RSK Group plc which is one of Europe’s leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries. As a result of our success in this area, we require Seasonal Ecology Consultants for the busy spring and summer period with the energy and drive to deliver high-quality work and excellent customer service. These roles are full of variety and interaction and are potentially extendable to permanent positions for the right candidates.
The role will involve
- Carrying out a range of ecological surveys (skills dependent) and assisting senior colleagues with other surveys to develop skillset
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Delivering work as efficiently as possible in order to meet agreed timescales and quality standards.
We are looking for
- Enthusiastic individuals keen to develop an ecology career
- Applicants with a full driving licence.
- Someone open to flexible working with regard to the type of work, timing and location with some night and weekend work required.
- Experience with European Protected Species survey work (not essential).
What do we offer?
- A pro-rata salary of £18,000 plus a £1,000 performance related bonus on completion of the contract period
- Excellent continual professional development opportunities, as part of our training commitment
- A range of other staff and family-friendly benefits
- ADAS is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk. The closing date for applications is 9 am on Monday 16th March 2020.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work, and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk