Closing Date - Open
Salary: £17,500 to £20,000
RSK Habitat Management are a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate(s) will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services.
We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for site operatives, who are outstanding team players and who have a positive and professional attitude to join our Midlands team to undertake projects locally and nationwide. You will be experienced in undertaking practical site based works, and will have demonstrable experience in adhering to site health, safety, environmental and wellbeing standards. The role will involve working on a National basis and will involve some element of staying away and travelling.
We are looking for someone who has experience in working outdoors in environmentally sensitive areas. Staff with experience in working on large infrastructure projects UK wide, will be looked on favourably. You will receive ongoing training and development in all aspects of the operational tasks and have a great opportunity for continued progression.
We are also in a position to employ trainee operatives - further information upon request.
We are looking for real go-getters with a practical and determined approach and someone who will help the business to grow and improve. We are wanting to make a real difference to our environment, helping in the delivery of Biodiversity Net Gain and reaching Net Zero for Carbon. There is a real opportunity for progression within this role, with a clearly defined career pathway and opportunities for external training available.
Successful candidates will:
- Help in the delivery of ecological contracting, habitat creation and vegetation clearance work packages on site, ensuring that works are delivered on programme, budget and to the required quality standards;
- Operate effectively in a dynamic and challenging working environment;
- Carry out any necessary basic maintenance on small plant, tools and equipment, making sure that they are fit for purpose;
- Adhere to site safety, environmental and wellbeing requirements;
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members and other site-based staff;
- Be able to commute, daily if required, to one of our depots based on the south Birmingham/Worcestershire border
- Valid CSCS card or equivalent;
- Full driving licence, ideally with Trailer Licence (B+E);
- Ideally hold 3 day First Aid at Work Qualification;
- Physically fit and motivated;
- Prepared to stay away Monday to Friday (where necessary);
Desirable but not essential
- PTS AC/DC
- PA1/PA6W herbicide spraying;
- CS30 & 31. Other chainsaw qualifications will be looked on favourably;
- LANTRA Woodchipper;
- LANTRA Brushcutter;
- Ideally have experience of operating plant and machinery in ecologically and environmentally sensitive environments;
- Safety Critical Medical
- Highways England Common Induction
Salary and benefits:
- Operatives - £17,500.00 - £20,000 (for exceptional candidates) per annum.
- Trainees will be paid at the appropriate minimum wage at the time of employment.
- Overtime with Night and Weekend enhancements.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away).
- Access to a company vehicle.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private healthcare.
- Regular training and career development.
To apply, please visit the RSK Careers Portal and click Apply