Closing Date - Open
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire (OX14 4RS), Bristol (BS11 9JE), Boxworth, Cambridgeshire (CB23 4NN) or Leeds (LS15 8GB)
About the team
The team has an open, relaxed and entrepreneurial culture. Every member of the team can have an input into business development, marketing, building client relationships and the direction of the team.
The team works closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Ecology, Arboriculture, Forestry and Archaeology. There are opportunities to work with these other disciplines on a regular basis and learn new skills.
Currently, we are operating remote working for many of our office-based employees and this is expected to evolve into a blended working arrangement when restrictions enable this. With an emphasis on home or office dependant on the needs of the employee. The role would be based with the landscape team in Milton Park, Oxfordshire. We would be open to candidates based in another ADAS office primarily Bristol, Cambridge and Leeds, but would consider the right candidate from other locations with the UK. Both full and part time candidates would be considered.
About the role
As a result of our success we have a vacancy for a Senior Landscape Consultant to join a growing team. The role would also be suitable for a landscape consultant looking to take the next step in their career.
- To primarily deliver landscape based projects in which would involve:
- Assisting in and carrying out of landscape and visual appraisals and opportunities and constraints work, particularly relating to housing and energy developments under the guidance of the senior members of the team. It will be necessary to work flexibly with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Assisting in the delivery of landscape and other requested input into Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and planning applications.
- Assisting in the delivery of Landscape Research and Strategic Green Infrastructure studies including desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis and report writing, liaising with clients and statutory bodies as necessary.
- Assisting in and designing of mitigation schemes for developments and undertaking other design projects from sketch scheme to detailed construction drawings.
- Assisting in and the preparation of landscape implementation and management plans.
- Assisting in and managing small landscape and other contracts, liaising with internal and external deliverers, third parties and clients.
- Supporting sales activities to meet team sales targets, to include building good client relationships, preparing proposals, assisting with tenders and working on sales initiatives.
Successful landscape candidates will:
- Efficiently undertake landscape and visual impact assessments and landscape opportunities and constraints reports ensuring that work is delivered on time, meets the project profit target, and is delivered to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Write reports concisely, prepare plans and accurately carry out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, liaising with clients and statutory bodies as necessary.
- If CMLI produce landscape sections of Environmental Impact Assessments and planning applications, accurately following the guidance given, to conform with legislation and EIA guidelines.
- Assist in the production of Landscape Research and Strategic Green Infrastructure studies.
- Demonstrate creativity and technical competence in design schemes, including good horticultural and ecological knowledge and awareness of sustainability criteria.
- Use AutoCAD and Adobe Creative suite with a high level of technical competence to produce plans, sections and construction details. Although not essential, knowledge and experience of GIS and KeySCAPE would be an advantage.
- Build professional relationships with colleagues, using good communication and organisational skills, working co-operatively to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Help to achieve team sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, assisting with tenders and working on sales initiatives.
- Able to clearly communicate with clients and colleagues, providing clear and honest advice and landscape matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively together with a project team to contribute to the delivery project work.
- Experience in both fieldwork and desk work in undertaking Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments and/or Landscape and Visual Appraisals would be an advantage.
- Proficient photography skills including a good understanding of manual photography.
- Experience in design including detail landscape construction and planting plans would be an advantage.
- Experience in Landscape Research, Strategic Green Infrastructure and Landscape Capacity / Sensitivity studies although not necessary would be an advantage.
- Experience in the other environmental disciplines (ecology, arboriculture, master planning, planning and historic environment) would be an advantage.
- High technical competence in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite particularly Photoshop and InDesign.
- Proficiency in GIS and KeySCAPE would be an advantage.
- Be a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI) or be on the Pathway to Chartership or be able to start on it.
- A willingness to learn new skills through project related training and continuous professional development.
- A valid CSCS card (e.g. professionally qualified person) is desirable.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
To apply, please visit the RSK careers portal
About ADAS company culture
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining ADAS, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Applications are being reviewed as received and successful candidates invited for interview