Closing Date - Open
To support the team of Planning Consultants in the ongoing delivery of client projects in a fast-moving, client focussed commercial environment. The ideal candidate will have a planning-related degree and a good understanding of the built and natural environment. As a Graduate Planning Consultant, you will undertake site visits, desk studies, baseline data collection, policy research and interpretation of data on planning based projects.
- Flexibly supporting colleagues with the management and collation of multi-disciplinary documents sent as Environmental Statements and Planning Statements.
- Preparing good quality client reports that meet the client’s brief and take full account of relevant legislative guidance and protocols.
- Carrying out projects tasks including undertaking fieldwork, attending project meetings, preparing public consultation letters, collating plans and drawings, attending consultation events and monitoring and responding to consultee comments.
- Consulting effectively with clients, regulators and other third parties.
- Supporting business development activities through preparation of fee proposals, tender documents and marketing materials.
- Contributing to maintaining and growing business with existing clients through establishing good client relationships and proactively identifying opportunities for follow-on chargeable work.
- Achieving team and personal sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, assisting with tenders, approaching clients and undertaking sales meetings.
Successful candidates will
- Demonstrate good awareness of the key principles of Town & Country Planning.
- Prepare good quality client reports that meet the client’s brief and take full account of relevant guidance and protocols (training in preparation of reports will be provided).
- Have a ‘can-do’ approach to resolving problems.
- Help to achieve team sales targets through building good client relations and supporting sales activities such as sales visits to existing and prospective clients, preparing quotes and input to small tenders.
- Carry out tasks flexibly, efficiently and reliably, taking responsibility for own projects and building productive working relationships and rapport across the team.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Good knowledge of Town & Country Planning legislation and processes, particularly the planning application and determination process.
- Working towards membership of Royal Town Planning Institute.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. Applications are being reviewed as received and successful candidates invited for an interview.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group, visit www.adas.uk and www.rskgroup.com