Closing Date - Open
Location: Northern England/Scotland
Salary: Excellent salary based on qualifications and experience
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe’s leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for someone who has proven intellectual and technical forestry abilities and is capable of taking on a forestry consultant role and providing high quality forestry technical appendices and forestry chapters for Environmental Impact Assessments. The role would be at either a Consultant, Senior Consultant or Principal Consultant Grade, depending of qualifications and experience.
This work will include:
- Providing a complete range of forestry consultancy in Northern England and Scotland
- Preparing and submitting woodland management plans to Forestry England and Forestry Scotland.
- Management of farm and estate woodlands
- Preparing plans for new woodland establishment
- Applying for grant support as necessary.
- Forestry mensuration, thinning control, timber valuation and marketing
- Obtaining felling licenses
- Site assessments for proposed windfarms within afforested areas
- Drafting forestry technical appendices and chapters for EIA’s
- Helping to expand our forestry business in Northern England and Scotland
- Provide forestry support to the Arboriculture and Land Team and to the RSK Glasgow office.
Some relevant experience working in the forestry industry is essential
It would be desirable for the candidate to hold a recognised Forestry qualification
Membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or working towards membership is desirable.
A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location
Salary and benefits:
- Excellent salary based on qualifications and experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
Apply for this position through the RSK career portal
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk