Closing Date - Open
Salary: Competitive Salary
RSK Habitat Management are a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate(s) will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services.
We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for an estimator, who is a natural work-winner and who has a positive and professional attitude to join our Bristol-based team. You will have relevant industrial experience, and will have a significant understanding of the practical, commercial, financial, technical and qualitative requirements within our industry. Candidates must have the ability to produce accurate and competitive bids, and must have the ability to meet tight deadlines and conflicting priorities.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working within one or more of the following industries: ecological contracting, landscaping, agricultural, countryside management or vegetation clearance industries. Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience as an Estimator or similar role within a similar industry sector. Candidates will need a demonstrable work history of successfully bidding for and winning work.
We are looking for a real go-getter with the drive to deliver in complex, dynamic and challenging environments.
Successful candidates will
- Prepare, price and issue accurate estimates for a variety of ecological contracting projects.
- Complete and submit PQQ’s and tenders, including all supporting information.
- Complete bills of quantities and schedule of rates as required.
- Undertake site visits as necessary.
- To be the Principal Contractor Representative across the multiple interfaces within the Project;
- Obtain competitive and compliant quotes from suppliers and contractors;
- Evaluate the most effective way of undertaking and completing the works, accurately pricing all elements of the works, in order to produce a high quality, competitive submission.
- Be highly organised and able to adapt to quick changes in a dynamic working environment offering strategic and tactical leadership;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, clients and office-based staff.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals.
- Maintain our estimating and proposals database.
- A degree or HND in a Ecology/Landscape related discipline.
- Previous experience within a relevant sector;
- Previous, demonstrable and strong experience in pricing and estimating projects from plans, drawings, specifications and site visits;
- CSCS card;
- Full driving licence.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive Salary.
- Company bonus scheme.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away).
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private healthcare.
- Regular training and career development.
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Listed a being as one of the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on +44 (0)7384 212094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rskgroup.com