Closing Date - Sunday 28 July 2019
The Policy and Economics group is a team of economists and social researchers working with Government, levy boards and the private sector providing expert knowledge, robust evidence, impartial analysis and practical solutions to help our clients address their business or policy needs in the land, agriculture, food, energy and environment sectors. We now have an exciting vacancy for a motivated and ambitious individual to contribute to our work. The position involves environmental economic analysis, policy evaluation and business development in the field of natural capital and ecosystem services.
- To deliver environmental economic analysis and solutions as part of public and private sector evaluations. This will involve:
- Designing and delivering a range of environmental economic consultancy work.
- Conducting policy evaluations including the application of cost-benefit analysis and other economic techniques
- Developing business opportunities to deliver natural capital and ecosystem services solutions.
- Supporting sales activities including preparing tender proposals.
- Communicating with clients and colleagues from a range of technical disciplines.
- Delivering projects on time and within agreed budgets.
The applicant will be expected to have:
- An economics degree or post-graduate qualification in economics or environmental economics.
- Experience of the application of cost benefit analysis, ecosystem service assessments, natural capital valuation and assessments.
- A solid understanding of ecological concepts including comprehensive knowledge of the ecosystem services and natural capital concepts
- An understanding of the policy and practical environment in areas such as: food and farming, forestry, agri-environment, energy and waste.
- Ability to apply economic methods to a broad range of environmental policy areas.
- An ability to interpret quantitative data and information to address the needs of the client.
The applicant will be expected to have:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of commercial consultancy.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong contacts within the UK, effective communicator and a good reputation amongst peers.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- A full UK driving licence would be an advantage.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk. Closing date for applications is Sunday 28 July 2019
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk