Closing Date - Open
Salary: £230 -£260 per day
RSK Habitat Management are a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate(s) will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services.
We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for experienced Foreman, who are outstanding team players and who have a positive and professional attitude to join our Bristol-based team working on significant civil engineering enabling projects locally and nationwide. You will be experienced in leading and managing multiple teams on-site, and will have demonstrable experience in maintaining site health, safety, environmental and wellbeing standards.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working within one or more of the following industries: civil engineering, construction, agricultural engineering, ecological contracting or landscaping industries. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years of demonstrable experience as a Site Foreman, and will ideally have at least 3 years prior experience, in other similar roles.
We are looking for a real go-getter and someone who will help the business to grow and improve. There is a real opportunity for progression within this role, with a clearly defined career pathway and opportunities for external training available.
Successful candidates will:
- Allocate site resources efficiently to construct and deliver assigned work to meet project deadlines;
- Understanding and delivery of drawings and works according to specification;
- Assist delivery team on site to ensure works are delivered to specification;
- Effectively manage site safety, environmental and wellbeing requirements ensuring the highest possible standards are adhered to and that company policies and procedures are followed at all times;
- Lead teams in the delivery and undertaking of ecological contracting work packages on site, ensuring that works are delivered on programme, on budget and with zero defects;
- Have demonstrable experience of leading and delivering works on main contractor sites. HS2/Crossrail experience will be looked on favourably.
- Lead and motivate site teams;
- Operate effectively in a dynamic and challenging working environment;
- Keep accurate daily diaries for all site-based works;
- Monitor and track daily plant, labour, equipment and material allocations;
- Assist the Site Agent in ensuring that plant, machinery and equipment is maintained in accordance with the PUWER and LOLER regulations;
- Be highly organized and able to adapt to quick changes in a dynamic working environment;
- Communicate effectively with site teams, suppliers, clients and office based staff.
- Lead by example, maintaining the highest standards of quality;
- Considerable experience in Civil Engineering/Construction
- First Aid at Work;
- Temporary Works Supervisor Qualification;
- Prior experience in the delivery and management of earthworks will be looked on favourably;
- CPCS Excavator, Dumptruck, Appointed Persons and Crane Supervisor (desirable);
- Full driving licence, ideally with Trailer Licence (B+E).
Salary and benefits:
- £230 - £260 per day;
- Fixed-term contract (3-6 months, with the potential for position to become permanent);
- Overtime and weekend enhancements;
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away);
- Access to a company vehicle;
- Contributory Pension Scheme;
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private healthcare;
- Regular training and career development;
To apply, please go to the RSK current vacancies webpage
Applications are being reviewed as received and successful candidates invited for interview
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer