Closing Date - Thursday 28th November 2019
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Landscape team at Milton Park is well established and provides high-quality advice for all types of developments from the initial feasibility stage through to construction. As a result of our success in this area, we have a vacancy for a Landscape Consultant to join a growing team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Ecology, Arboriculture and Archaeology and the wider RSK group.
To deliver landscape based projects in a friendly, fast-moving, client focussed commercial environment where much of the work relates to landscape and visual assessment with a strong focus on Strategic Green Infrastructure studies with some design work. This will involve:
- Carrying out landscape and visual impact assessments and opportunities and constraints work, particularly relating to housing and energy developments under the guidance of the Senior Landscape Consultant. It will be necessary to work flexibly with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis and report writing, liaising with clients and statutory bodies as necessary.
- Assisting in the delivery of landscape and other requested input into Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and planning applications.
- Assisting in the delivery of Landscape Research and Strategic Green Infrastructure studies.
- Designing mitigation schemes for developments and undertaking other design projects from sketch scheme to detailed construction drawings.
- Preparing landscape implementation and management plans.
- Managing small landscape and other contracts, liaising with internal and external deliverers, third parties and clients.
- Supporting sales activities to meet team sales targets, to include building good client relationships, preparing proposals, assisting with tenders and working on sales initiatives.
Successful candidates will
- Efficiently undertake landscape and visual impact assessments and landscape opportunities and constraints reports ensuring that work is delivered on time, meets the project profit target, and is delivered to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Write reports concisely, prepare plans and accurately carry out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, liaising with clients and statutory bodies as necessary.
- Produce landscape sections of Environmental Impact Assessments and planning applications, accurately following the guidance given, to conform with legislation and EIA guidelines.
- Assist in the production of Landscape Research and Strategic Green Infrastructure studies.
- Demonstrate creativity and technical competence in design schemes, including good horticultural and ecological knowledge and awareness of sustainability criteria.
- Use AutoCAD and Adobe Creative suite with a high level of technical competence to produce plans, sections and construction details. Although not essential, knowledge and experience of GIS would be an advantage.
- Build professional relationships with colleagues, using good communication and organisational skills, working co-operatively to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Help to achieve team sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, assisting with tenders and working on sales initiatives.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location
- High technical competence in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite particularly Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments and/or Landscape and Visual Appraisals
- Proficient photography skills including a good understanding of manual photography
- Experience in design including detail landscape construction and planting plans
- Experience in Landscape Research, Strategic Green Infrastructure and Landscape Capacity / Sensitivity studies although not necessary would be an advantage.
- Experience in other environmental disciplines (ecology, arboriculture, master planning, and historic environment) such as protected species licences would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in GIS and KeySCAPE would be an advantage.
- Be a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI) or be on the Pathway to Chartership.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
- Support with the Pathway to Chartership
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining ADAS, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, ADAS wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk. The closing dates for applications is 9 am on Thursday 28th November 2019.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work, and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk