Closing Date - Open
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe’s leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing ecological services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries and as a result of our continued success, we require a Senior Ecological Consultant with the energy and drive to manage ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast-moving, client-focused commercial environment. The successful candidate will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
You will play a pivotal role in the delivery of a diverse range of ecological surveys and assessments.
The role will include
- Undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys including more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation. This will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client’s satisfaction.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Writing and producing concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Undertaking Ecological Impact Assessment and inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Managing own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Project and client management, including the opportunity to develop own client relationships and be responsible for own projects.
- Helping to achieve team sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, and assisting with tenders.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Educated to graduate level in a relevant subject
- Have at least one protected species survey licence, ideally bats, and have adequate experience to apply for derogation licences.
- CIEEM membership
- Experience of bat analysis software
- Have in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques
- Be commercially aware with experience of managing budgets
- Have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate technical reports
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards
- CSCS card holder
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to the type of work, timing and location.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining ADAS, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, ADAS wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, LHallington@rsk.co.uk, HR Business Partner.
Applications are being reviewed as received and successful candidates invited for an interview.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
The RSK Group is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Visit our websites to find out more about ADAS and the RSK Group.