Closing Date - Open
Location: Coventry / Bristol
Salary: Competitive Salary
RSK Habitat Management are a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate(s) will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services. We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager, who is an outstanding leader and who has a positive and professional attitude to join our Coventry team. You will have demonstrable experience in running and starting up profitable business streams in new geographical areas. You will be experienced in running contracts and managing multiple teams on-site, and will have demonstrable experience in maintaining site health, safety, environmental and wellbeing standards.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working within one or more of the following industries: ecological contracting, landscaping, agricultural, countryside management or vegetation clearance industries. Ideally you will have at least 5 years’ experience as a Contracts Manager within a similar industry sector. Candidates will need a demonstrable work history of successful contract and project delivery with a bias towards interfaces with Civils/Construction projects.
We are looking for a real go-getter with the drive to deliver in complex, dynamic and challenging environments.
Successful candidates will:
- Help to grow and develop our presence in the Midlands.
- Ensure that the commercial performance of our projects and the Midlands office is maximised.
- Manage the production and implementation of RAMS and associated safety critical documentation, in line with Company procedures.
- Lead on the compilation and production of high quality tenders and quotations;
- Manage procurement schedules and liaise with the Project Management office, to ensure that sites have adequate resources to complete the tasks.
- Effectively and proactively manage site safety, environmental and wellbeing requirements ensuring the highest possible standards are adhered to and that company policies and procedures are followed at all times;
- To provide the overall leadership of the operational team/s at multiple sites in delivering the scope of work within a major work package or project to the defined cost time and quality requirements;
- Ensure effective project and resource management for all site staff working on projects, ensuring compliance with the client specification and deliverables.
- Making sure that projects are delivered on programme, on budget and with zero defects.
- To be the Principal Contractor Representative across the multiple interfaces within the Project;
- Procure all necessary labour, plant, materials and subcontractors, in order to undertake the works;
- Ensure the teams, roles, skills and behavior are aligned with the RSK objectives and project requirements;
- Be highly organized and able to adapt to quick changes in a dynamic working environment offering strategic and tactical leadership;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with site teams, suppliers, clients and office based staff.
- A degree or HND in an Environmental/Construction related discipline ;
- Previous experience in the Ecological Contracting sector;
- Previous, demonstrable and strong experience in contract management of site-based operations;
- Entrepenurial outlook and drive;
- IOSH Managing Safely (desirable);
- CSCS card; (Gold/Black)
- Full driving licence.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive Salary.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away).
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private healthcare.
- Regular training and career development.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to support your professional development in all aspects. Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk