Closing Date - Open
The RSK Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
RSK is pursuing a strategy of significant growth both organic and acquisitive and Group turnover in the year to March 2020 was £287 million. Pro-forma revenue for the Group (including the full year effect of acquisitions made during the year) was £550 million.
Our success is founded on the talent of our employees, so we recognise the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success.
As a result of significant growth over the last year, the Agriculture Land Property Management Division (ALPM) are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to join the team to assist in managing contractual risk, assist in the effective assessment of pre-qualification submissions and tenders for larger, high risk projects, as well as reviewing and agreeing contractual terms with clients.
The successful candidate will report to the ALPM Commercial Finance Partner, continually working to develop robust commercial practices with the Division, educating key stakeholders and collaborating more widely with other Commercial Managers, from other Divisions, in driving improvements in internal practice and procedure.
The Division now comprises 22 business units but is expected to continue to grow rapidly over the coming years.
The location of the role is flexible and travel between UK offices is anticipated.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the business units within the Division with regard to contractual and commercial issues and frequently undertaking contract reviews, providing comments in respect of the suitability of the terms to ensure they are as advantageous to the business as possible;
- Maintain Business and Projects at Risk registers for reporting to the Divisional Director;
- Participate in the identification and tracking of major and strategic project opportunities for the Division and input to Divisional opportunities as appropriate;
- Working with Business Unit project teams to provide and deliver services with regard to the contractual and commercial aspects of environmental consultancy project work;
- Researching and cascading the latest contractual guidance, best practice and implement methods of working to improve the business’ efficiency and accuracy;
- Identifying market trends and obtaining new opportunities and develop the commercial strategies for bidding for work based upon a network of industry contacts.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Typically, a Chartered professional member of at least one recognised Institution and member of the Association of Project Management;
- Typically holds appropriate post-graduate qualifications in contract management and/or contract law;
- Ideally an Accredited Project Manager for the NEC3/4 forms of contract;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in the environmental consultancy sector, and accustomed to leading a team of staff on large, complex projects;
- Familiar with all of the standard forms of contract (JCT, NEC, ICC, ACE, FIDIC) and knowledgeable in at least one;
- A detailed understanding of the standard forms of contract, methods of measurement and common specifications used for the environmental consultancy / services sector;
- Proficient using Microsoft Project and ideally Primavera programming software.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders as appropriate;
- Personable and confident with the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation;
- A self-motivated individual that proactively works with the Division to reduce contractual risk and enhance our commercial position;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and with a keen eye for detail.
Salary and benefits:
- £ competitive
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Opportunities for supported training and career development
To apply, please visit the RSK Career Portal
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.