Closing Date - 31 July 2020
Role: Principal or Senior Planning consultant (dual-skilled with Landscape and/or Built Heritage expertise will also be considered)
Location: Leeds/ Manchester/Oxford and flexible working options considered
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing planning and environmental consultancy expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sectors. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in securing consent for development projects across the board.
Our planning team is well established and has an outstanding track record and reputation for offering quality planning advice to clients and acting on behalf of local authorities. Our planning team is growing in response to workload and new projects from a range of clients across various sectors including residential, renewable energy, infrastructure projects, rural diversification, commercial and leisure.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding planning team that sits alongside a range of complementary services including landscape, ecology, noise, policy and economics, agricultural land management and more to provide a comprehensive offer for our clients with a diverse working environment. We would also welcome applications from dual-skilled candidates that have a specialism in Landscape, Design and Built Heritage to sit alongside our existing services. The team is based in Leeds, Manchester and Oxford, but also recognise the requirements for flexible working requirements outside of these locations.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services.
We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK and ranked third by Environment Analyst for providing Environmental Consultancy services in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
This role is ideally suited for Principal Planning Consultants who ideally have experience in consultancy- especially residential development. For the Senior Consultant Role we would ideally prefer consultancy experience, however, we will also consider public sector or those at Consultant level ready to step up.
The successful candidate will join a team of Planning professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Environmental Impact Assessment, Ecology, Landscape and Archaeology.
To join the ADAS team of Planning Consultants in the ongoing delivery of client projects in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and ideally charted (RTPI) with over 2 years’ post qualification experience. You will manage and deliver a wide range of projects and demonstrate the highest quality of care to our clients.
The role will involve:
- Providing planning consultancy services to public, private and third party sector clients.
- Managing planning projects to a high standard. This will involve leading on planning applications, site promotions and appeals as well as managing the financial aspect such as invoicing, budgets and contract specific financial data.
- Reviewing and commenting on technical reports.
- Being a positive role model and providing planning advice to colleagues and clients and providing mentoring where appropriate.
- Carrying out sales and business development activities including drafting proposals, tenders, meeting potential and existing clients and working on sales initiatives.
- Take a role in the development of the planning business and carrying out sales activities to help achieve business targets and objectives. This will include involvement in drawing up and delivering the business plan.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Formal qualification in Town and Country Planning (Masters/Post Graduate/First Degree).
- Full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute or eligible for full Chartered MRTPI Chartership.
- Relevant experience preferably within the private sector.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Town & Country Planning regulations and process in both planning policy and development management.
- Your role will require you to help manage project teams within and outside the office on the client’s behalf. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are an essential requirement to be successful in these roles.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Friday 31st July 2020. Applications are being reviewed as received and successful candidates invited for interview.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
The RSK Group is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work, and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.