Closing Date - Open
Location: Flexible location (prefer Hemel, Coventry or Bristol)
Salary: Competitive Salary
RSK Habitat Management is a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services.
We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK and ranked third by Environment Analyst for providing Environmental Consultancy services in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team. We are looking for someone who is looking to build and continue their career in Business Development, and who thrives on customer interaction and delivering a high-quality service. You will ideally have some experience in business development or a similar field.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working within one or more of the following industries: ecological contracting/consultancy, soft landscaping, countryside management or vegetation clearance industries. Ideally, you will have at least 5 years of relevant experience within a similar industry sector.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be helping to identify and deliver new contracts and business through proactive selling, tendering and helping to maximise opportunities from both internal and external businesses.
We are looking for a real go-getter and someone who is goal-orientated and focussed on helping us achieve our growth targets. There is a real opportunity for progression within this role, with a clearly defined career pathway and opportunities for external training available.
Successful candidates will
- Maintain, develop and cultivate strong relationships within the Ecological Contracting industry to ensure that RSK Habitat Management are invited to bid for relevant contracts
- Help leverage our USP and differentiators to generate new enquiries and win new business
- Help to develop and implement a Key Account Management strategy for our key accounts, managing and developing these key clients
- Focus on significantly improving external market awareness of RSK Habitat Management, and our associated services and capabilities
- Work closely alongside our marketing team to develop a strategy and associated marketing material to support our sales strategy
- Keep up to date with current market conditions, trends and competitor activity
- Represent RSK Habitat Management at internal meetings and forums to help secure new business and build inter-company networks
- Prepare and deliver all aspects of the strategic sales process including presentations, campaigns, exhibitions, “brown-bag” briefings and associated CPD talks
- Maintain Focalpoint to ensure accurate sales reporting and pipeline
- Be highly organised and able to adapt to quick changes in a dynamic working environment
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with internal business development directors and the ALPM leadership team
- A degree, HND or NVQ in relevant field/sector
- Previous experience in business development, key account management or lead generation within a relevant industry sector
- Comfortable in regularly achieving and hitting sales targets in excess of £1m per annum
- Highly disciplined and able to focus on the full sales life-cycle
- Ability to interact with, communicate, understand and generate solutions for client needs
- Commercially aware, with a focus on providing a high-quality service, that adds value for our clients
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Able to work either individually or as part of a wider team
- Full driving licence
- Active listener
Salary and benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus scheme
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away)
- Access to a company vehicle
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private healthcare
- Regular training and career development
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work, and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk