Closing Date - Open
RSK Habitat Management are a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services. We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for an Assistant Operations Manager, who is looking to develop their career, and who has a positive and professional attitude to join our Bristol-based team. We are looking for someone who is looking to develop their career in operations management, and who thrives on delivering a high quality efficient service. You will ideally have some experience in operations management or a similar field.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working within one or more of the following industries: ecological contracting, landscaping, agricultural, countryside management or vegetation clearance industries. Ideally you will have at least 6 months Operational experience within a similar industry sector. Candidates with extensive practical experience who are looking to move away from the tools will also be considered.
We are looking for a real go-getter and someone who is looking to grow with the business. There is a real opportunity for progression within this role, with a clearly defined career pathway and opportunities for external training available.
Successful candidates will
- Assist in the management and direction of the site teams. Assist the Operations Director in ensuring effective communication with the site teams;
- Assist in managing site staff, machinery, equipment and vehicles working on projects, ensuring compliance with the client specification and deliverables. Making sure that projects are delivered on programme, on budget and with zero defects.
- Assist in the production of high quality RAMS packs and safe systems of work, ensuring site safety and full environmental compliance;
- Assist in the procurement of all necessary labour, plant, materials and subcontractors, in order to undertake the works;
- Assist in monitoring and reviewing the resources and equipment needed to meet the annual budget;
- Assist in managing the compound effectively ensuring that it is kept clean and tidy, and that inventories are kept in-date;
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained in accordance with PUWER and LOLER regulations;
- Be highly organized and able to adapt to quick changes in a dynamic working environment;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with site teams, suppliers, clients and office based staff.
- A degree or HND in Countryside Management, Forestry, Agriculture or other similar field;
- Previous experience in supervising and managing people;
- Ideally experience in either leading or managing site-based operations;
- Ideally experience in the planning and delivery of land based operations, and understanding of controls to protect people and the environment;
- Ideally experience in maintaining, managing and servicing small hand tools, small plant and agricultural equipment;
- CSCS card;
- Ideally some relevant practical certificates such as brushcutter, chainsaw and wooodchipper;
- Full driving licence, ideally with Trailer Licence (B+E).
Salary and benefits
- Competitive Salary.
- TOIL and weekend supplement.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away).
- Access to a company vehicle.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private healthcare.
- Regular training and career development.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk