Closing Date - Thursday 28th November 2019
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries, and as a result of our success in this area, we have a vacancy for an Ecological Consultant. The successful candidate will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
To deliver ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast-moving, client focussed commercial environment. This will involve:
- Undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and EcoCheck surveys and more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Assist senior colleagues with more specialist work, for example, provide support on protected species surveys.
- Supporting sales activities by assisting with drafting proposals and quotes.
- Inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
Successful candidates will
- Undertake a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and EcoCheck surveys including more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation. This will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client’s satisfaction.
- Write and produce concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Gain experience of protected species licensing with the aim of being a named ecologist on a European Protected Species Licence.
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Experience with European Protected Species survey work.
- Membership of CIEEM.
Ideal but not essential
- PTS qualified.
- Report writing skills.
- Hold at least one Natural England survey licence.
- Quote/tender production.
- Client management experience.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk. The closing dates for applications is 9 am on Thursday 28th November 2019.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work, and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk