Closing Date - Open
Role: Assistant Contracts Manager
Salary: Competitive Salary
RSK Habitat Management are a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate(s) will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services. We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for an Assistant Contracts Manager to join our team in either Southampton or Bristol. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has a positive and professional attitude to join our team. Ideally, you will have had some prior experience within a relevant sector, however, training will be provided for the right individual. The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working within one or more of the following industries: ecological contracting, landscaping, agricultural, countryside management or vegetation clearance industries. Ideally you will have at least 6-12 months experience within a similar industry sector.
We are looking for a real go-getter with the drive to help deliver projects nationally in complex, dynamic and challenging environments.
Successful candidates will
- Help to grow and develop our presence in the Midlands.
- Assist in ensuring that the project and commercial management of our projects is carried out effectively and in line with our systems.
- Assist in the production and implementation of RAMS and associated safety critical documentation, in line with Company procedures.
- Assist on the compilation and production of high quality tenders and quotations;
- Assist in the compilation of procurement schedules and liaise with the Project Management office, to ensure that sites have adequate resources to complete the tasks.
- Effectively and proactively assist in the management of site safety, environmental and wellbeing requirements ensuring the highest possible standards are adhered to and that company policies and procedures are followed at all times;
- Ensure effective project and resource management for all site staff working on projects, ensuring compliance with the client specification and deliverables.
- Assist in making sure that projects are delivered on programme, on budget and with zero defects.
- Procure all necessary labour, plant, materials and subcontractors, in order to undertake the works;
- Help to ensure that the teams, roles, skills and behavior are aligned with the RSK objectives and project requirements;
- Be highly organized and able to adapt to quick changes in a dynamic working environment;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with site teams, suppliers, clients and office based staff.
- A degree or HND/NVQ in an Environmental/Construction related discipline ;
- Previous experience in the Ecological Contracting sector;
- Entrepenurial outlook and drive;
- CSCS card;
- Relevant practical qualifications;
- Full driving licence with towing accreditation.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive Salary.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away).
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private healthcare.
- Regular training and career development.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer