Closing Date - 2 August 2020
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
RSK Habitat Management are a new and exciting business, providing practical ecological contracting solutions for our clients. We provide results-based outcomes for clients and biodiversity, with innovation at the heart of everything that we do. The successful candidate(s) will be joining a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape and Arboriculture.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services.
We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
We are looking for part-time / casual site operatives. They must be outstanding team players and who have a positive and professional attitude and are ready to work on projects locally and nationwide. You will have at least 1 years’ experience in undertaking practical site-based works and will have demonstrable experience in adhering to site health, safety, environmental and wellbeing standards.
The ideal candidates will have prior experience of working within one or more of the following industries: ecological contracting, landscaping, agricultural operations, and countryside management or vegetation clearance industries.
We are looking for real go-getters with a practical and determined approach and candidates who will help the business to grow and improve. There is the possibility that the roles may develop into a full-time opportunity for the right candidates and subject to workload.
This is a flexible role and various contract options are available – part time, fixed term contract and self- employed.
Successful candidates will:
- Work onsite in the delivery and undertaking of ecological contracting work packages on site, helping to ensure that works are delivered on programme, on budget and with zero defects;
- Operate effectively in a dynamic working environment;
- Undertake general maintenance on small plant, tools and equipment, making sure that they are fit for purpose.
- Be highly organized and able to adapt to quick changes in a dynamic working environment;
- Adhere to site safety, environmental and wellbeing requirements;
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members and other site-based staff.
- Lead by example, maintaining the highest standards of quality.
- 1 year of experience working in practical land management
- Full driving licence, ideally with Trailer Licence (B+E).
Ideally the candidate will also have -
- FAAW qualification;
- PA1/PA6W herbicide spraying;
- CS30 & 31. Other chainsaw qualifications will be looked on favourably;
- LANTRA Woodchipper;
- LANTRA Brushcutter;
- Experienced in operating a wide variety of plant and equipment.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary, competitive and dependent on experience.
- Overtime and weekend supplement.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away).
- Access to a company vehicle as required for onsite duties.
- Training may be available for the right candidates to increase their skillset.
To apply, please go to the RSK careers portal. The closing dates for applications is 2 August 2020. Applications are being reviewed as received and successful candidates invited for interview.