Closing Date - Open
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS is part of the RSK Group which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Arboricultural business comprises a skilled team of chartered and highly qualified arboriculturists and chartered foresters focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and rural industries. The team has a vast amount of experience in all aspects of BS5837 tree surveys and planning advice, tree risk surveys and policy advice, utility arboriculture and woodland management. The successful candidate will join a team of Arboricultural professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Ecology, Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
To work flexibly to deliver arboricultural consultancy in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment.
We wish to recruit an Assistant Arboricultural Consultant who will work under guidance and with the support of a Senior Arboricultural Consultant: The role will include:
- Undertaking tree surveys and providing advice to a range of developer clients in relation to the requirements of BS5837:2012.
- Drafting arboricultural reports
- Carrying out tree health surveys, hazard assessment, visual tree inspection and risk assessment surveys and reports for developers, utilities and other corporate organisations
- Managing and servicing on-site implementation of arboricultural works including the supervision of contractors
- Specifying tree works in line with the requirements of BS3998:2010
- Dealing with Tree Preservation Order issues
- Using a range of different survey tools including hand held computers and survey software including GIS systems.
With support from the Senior Arboricultural Consultant, successful candidates will:
- Flexibly carry out arboricultural surveys and impact assessments on development sites, write reports and produce a suite of plans all in accordance with BS5837:2012
- Undertake arboricultural surveys using the principles of Visual Tree Assessment and specify the necessary work on individual or groups of trees in accordance with BS3998:2010
- Produce tree risk management surveys and reports using recognized systems such as THREATS.
- Provide support to the arboricultural contract managers to help ensure that the work is delivered on time, within budget and meets the client’s satisfaction.
- A full driving licence will be required
- Flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location
- The candidate must also hold a recognised arboricultural qualification (minimum Level 3)
- We would be looking for the candidate to have or be willing to obtain:
- A Lantra Professional Tree Inspection certificate
- Membership of a relevant professional association/body such as Arboricultural Association
- Experience in using Autocad
This is a great opportunity for someone with a good arboricultural qualification who is looking for an opportunity to gain arboricultural surveying and consultancy experience within an established arboricultural team and with good opportunities for longer-term career progression.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience
- Regular training and career development
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
To apply, please visit the RSK careers portal
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer