Closing Date - Open
Salary: Competitive Salary
We are recruiting a number of additional arboricultural surveyors and expanding our arboricultural team accordingly. The initial work will involve surveying for Network Rail in Scotland and although this job outline relates to full-time employment, we would consider applicants who would prefer to work for us on either a zero-hours contract or as a sub-contractor.
The arboricultural surveying may involve:
- Carrying out tree health surveys, hazard assessments, visual tree inspections risk assessment surveys and produce associated reports for our clients.
- Undertaking tree surveys and provide support to the arboricultural team in relation to the requirements of BS5837:2012
- Specify tree works in line with the requirements of BS3998:2010
- Use a range of different survey tools including handheld computers and survey software including GIS systems.
Successful candidates will:
- Hold a currently valid PTS Rail Sentinel Competency and have held it for at least 1 year with suitable railway experience over that period
- Flexibly carry out arboricultural surveys in line with current industry best practice
- Produce tree risk management surveys and reports using THREATS, QTRA or other recognized systems.
- Be able to successfully identify a range of tree and shrub species as well as common tree pests and diseases.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to the type of work, timing and location
- The successful candidate will hold a minimum of a level 3-4 arboricultural qualification or similar.
- It would be desirable for the candidate to hold any of the following:
- Lantra Professional Tree Inspection certificate
- Knowledge of THREATS, QTRA or other tree risk assessment method
- Current IWA (Individual Working Alone) Certificate
- Experience of using tree survey software and GIS systems.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and personal development with excellent career progression opportunities.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Business Partner on 07384 212094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work, and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rskgroup.com