Closing Date - Open
Location: UK wide
ADAS is the leading supplier of independent technical, environmental and farm business advice to the UK’s farmers and growers, land managers and related organisations. We provide a wide range of specialist consultancy services to individual business, undertake leading edge research and deliver knowledge transfer and advice programmes on behalf of government and industry organisations.
ADAS is part of the RSK Group plc which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Key to achieving a sustainable farming business is managing the fundamental resources of soil, water and nutrients to maximise efficient production whilst undertaking measures to protect the environment and biodiversity for the future. We require all our staff to have a broad understanding of these areas, in addition to technical knowledge of livestock and arable production, farm business management and policy and economics relevant to their role.
We are seeking a range of consultant grades to deliver strategic consultancy to farmer and grower clients, advice programmes on behalf of government agencies, projects for supply chain and utility companies, industry organisations, and research institutes.
- Deliver technical and business-focussed farm management, environment and technical consultancy. To include working for individual farmers and corporate clients and delivery of contracts funded by the public sector, working in project teams with senior consultants and national specialists, and develop and deliver portfolio of private client work.
- Develop and apply skills and expertise in a range of consultancy services including technical production and farm business management, understanding of resource protection and agri environment including nutrient, soil and water management.
- Advise on reduction of diffuse pollution, resource protection and agri-environmental matters to farmers and other clients.
- Undertake analysis of problems and provide independent and cost effective solutions to clients, and provide technically correct, and legally compliant advice.
- Contribute to business development by promoting ADAS and developing contacts with new and existing clients, through meetings, speaking at events and press and media activities.
- Generate and follow up sales leads, develop networking links with regional stakeholders, corporate and private clients with a view to winning new business. Undertake client meetings and contribute to writing proposals and preparing tenders.
- Prepare tenders and client proposals as part of bid teams and individually
- Full UK driving licence and ability to travel away from home base when required.
- Competent user of Microsoft software including Windows, Teams, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Understanding of the application of GIS mapping, and CAD software in delivery of consultancy projects would be an advantage.
Salary and benefits:
- £Competitive depending upon experience and qualifications
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular Training and career development
To apply, please visit the RSK careers portal
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer