Closing Date - Monday 25 November 2019
Location: East of England
Salary: Competitive Salary
ADAS is the leading supplier of independent technical, environmental and farm business advice to the UK’s farmers and growers, land managers and related organisations. We provide a wide range of specialist consultancy services to individual business, undertake leading-edge research and deliver knowledge transfer and advice programmes on behalf of the government and industry organisations.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group plc which is as one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join ADAS.
Key to achieving a sustainable farming business is managing the fundamental resources of soil, water and nutrients to maximise efficient production whilst undertaking measures to protect the environment and biodiversity for the future. We require all our staff to have a broad understanding of these areas, in addition to technical knowledge of livestock or arable production and farm business management relevant to their role. Due to our expanding portfolio, we are now looking to recruit specifically in the East of England.
Suitable candidates will be required to deliver consultancy to a range of clients. A willingness to learn and undertake a wide variety of tasks is essential.
ADAS has an office in Boxworth, Cambridge. However, home working could be an option for the right candidate if based in one of the Eastern Counties.
- Deliver a broad range of technical and business-focussed farm management consultancy. To include working for individual farmers, corporate clients and the public sector. Working in project teams and develop and deliver a portfolio of private client work.
- Develop and apply skills and expertise in a range of agricultural consultancy services including technical production (e.g. fertiliser planning, soil husbandry), farm business management (e.g. budgets, cash flow planning, farm diversification), farm business support (e.g. BPS, Environmental Stewardship & grant scheme applications), and advice surrounding resource protection and the broader agri-environment including nutrient, soil and water management (e.g. farm inspections including Cross Compliance, NVZs, farm assurance & waste management).
- Undertake analysis of problems and provide independent and cost-effective solutions to clients. To provide technically correct and legally compliant advice.
- Contribute to business development by promoting ADAS and developing contacts with new and existing clients, through meetings, speaking at events and press and media activities.
- Generate and follow up sales leads, develop networking links with regional stakeholders, corporate and private clients with a view to winning new business.
- Undertake client meetings and contribute to writing proposals and preparing tenders.
- Applicants are expected to have a first degree in Agriculture or a similar land-based subject area and ideally some practical farm experience.
- Some consultancy or land-based experience in some or all of the subject areas detailed above would be an advantage although training can be provided to develop and further skills and experience.
- Industry recognised qualifications, (FACTS, BASIS Crop Protection, BASIS Soil & Water, BASIS Conservation Management etc.) would be an advantage but can be provided for the right candidate.
- Full UK driving licence and ability to travel away from home base when required.
- Competent user of Microsoft software including Windows, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn are essential.
Salary and benefits
- Salary negotiable (based on skills and experience).
- Flexible working arrangements may be considered for the right candidate.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care.
- We support Continuing Professional Development.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk. Closing date for applications is 9 am on Monday 25 November 2019
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work, and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk