Closing Date - Friday 23rd August 2019
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join. We have an opportunity for an Administrator to join our Environment team who will provide an efficient administrative support to a large number of consultants in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment.
We have an opportunity for an Administrator to join our Environment team who will provide an efficient administrative support to a large number of consultants in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment.
- Act as first point of contact for the Wolverhampton office, dealing with post, answering the telephone, greeting visitors and dealing with deliveries/couriers.
- Booking of hire cars and accommodation for consultants.
- Obtain quotations for goods/services, raise Purchase Orders for suppliers and liaise with suppliers on ordering of goods/services.
- Act as SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) Safety Officer for the Wolverhampton office, control and update SHEQ documents and support the Office Manager in relation to SHEQ and in line with RSK Group compliance.
- Arrange all annual and bi-annual service/maintenance of office equipment, including PAT testing, fire extinguisher servicing, external contractors, i.e. gas safety checks, alarm testing, etc. all in line with RSK Group compliance.
- Produce letters and reports to the company brand standard from drafts provided by consultants, add maps, appendices and photographs and ensure correctly formatted and presented prior to submission to the client.
- Order and control stationery stocks for Wolverhampton office.
- Maintain and update training files for consultants.
- Maintain subcontractor database ensuring subcontractors complete health and safety and insurance questionnaires. Draft up subcontract agreements on behalf of Contract Managers.
Key Skills Required
- Accurate and numerate
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- High level keyboard and computing skills using MS Word and Excel
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, with senior managers, peers and clients.
- Excellent team working skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working without supervision
- Capable of working under pressure with good time management, prioritisation and multi-tasking skills.
Salary and benefits
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Company Life Assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk. Closing date for applications is Friday 23 August 2019.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk