Closing Date - Open
Our Arboricultural business comprises a skilled team of highly qualified arboriculturists and chartered foresters focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and rural industries. The team has a vast amount of experience in all aspects of BS5837 tree surveys and planning advice, tree risk surveys and policy advice, utility arboriculture and woodland management. The successful candidate will join a team of Arboricultural professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Ecology, Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
To work flexibly to sell and deliver arboricultural consultancy in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment. This will involve:
- Undertaking tree surveys and provide advice to a range of developer clients in relation to the requirements of BS5837:2012
- Dealing with Tree Preservation Order issues
- Carrying out tree health surveys, hazard assessment, visual tree inspection and risk assessment surveys and reports for developers, utilities and other corporate organisations
- Producing management plans for trees and woodlands
- Managing and servicing on-site implementation of arboricultural works including the supervision of contractors
- Carrying out and supporting sales activities, including drafting proposals and quotes and assisting with submission of tenders
- Selling arboricultural work to existing and new clients through sales visits, presentations and bidding activity
- Developing business through establishing good client relationships and identifying opportunities for follow-on work.
Successful candidates will
- Flexibly carry out arboricultural surveys and impact assessments on development sites and write reports and management plans all in accordance with BS5837:2012
- Undertake arboricultural surveys for utilities and landowners using the principles of Visual Tree Assessment and specify the necessary work on individual or groups of trees in accordance with BS3998:2010
- Produce tree risk management surveys and reports using THREATS, QTRA or other recognized system
- Manage small scale arboricultural contracts ensuring that work is delivered on time, within budget and meets the client’s satisfaction
- Achieve team and personal sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, assisting with larger tenders, approaching new clients and undertaking sales meetings
- Have an in depth knowledge and experience of professional arboricultural work such that you can work without supervision on all but the most demanding of contracts.
A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location
It would be desirable for the candidate to hold any of the following:
- Lantra Professional Tree Inspection certificate
- NPTC Certificate of Competence in Utility Arboriculture Unit 5.1 and 5.2
- Licensed QTRA tree risk assessor and knowledge of THREATS tree risk assessment method
- A recognised Arboricutural qualification
- Membership of a relevant professional association/body such as the Arboricultural Association, Royal Forestry Society or Institute of Chartered Foresters.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications, experience etc.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’. A personal online account will be set up so you can review the progress of your application. If you require any additional information about the role please contact Lisa Hallington, HR Advisor on 01623 848341 or email Lisa.Hallington@adas.co.uk.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk