Why do we collect information
We collect data in order to:
- Gather feedback to improve our services
- Allow you to access services and make transactions
What information we collect:
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave when you contact us.
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- Information on how you use the site using cookies
We collect information through Google Analytics to monitor how you use the site. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to understand better how they find and use our web pages, and to see their journey through the website.
We do not collect or store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. Although Google Analytics records data such as your geographical location, device, Internet browser and operating system, none of this information identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address, which could be used to identify you, but Google does not grant us access to this.
What do we do with your data
We have a duty of care to the people within our data. Your data may be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider. We will share your data if required to do so by law – for example a court order or to prevent fraud or other crime.
We will not:
- Sell your data to third parties or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information.
- Share your data for marketing purposes
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regard to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is also likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residence’s specific data protection and user privacy legislation, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
How long we will keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it.
When you choose to leave messages via our website using the forms, the data you supply are passed immediately to ADAS staff, who act on the content appropriately. The data will include whatever you provide in your message and relevant fields such as name, email address and phone number only if you provide them. Your IP address, device type and web browser type are logged to aid processing
Linking to other websites
Changes to the policy
For more information, please contact email@example.com