ADAS Digital encompasses the way in which we use digital data and digital technology to deliver solutions in crop production, sustainable food and farming, land management and ecology to our clients. By applying digital technology to challenges in the environmental, agricultural and rural sectors, we deliver cost effective, state-of-the-art solutions in strategic and policy advice, research and development.
- Data Capture Development of bespoke, innovative methods for quickly assessing and recording environmental conditions in the field using digital technology.
- Remote Sensing Provision and analysis of satellite images, aerial photography, and additional landscape surveillance data such as LiDAR.
- Data Management Collation and management of data using a range of software solutions, to provide accessible, secure databases.
- Data Analysis Analysis and interpretation of data using a combination of expert knowledge of the science, and statistical methods to identify relationships and trends that can then be applied to algorithm development.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Data visualisation, spatial data manipulation and processing, spatial data management and cartographic output. We also offer bespoke GIS solutions to our clients.
- Environmental Modelling Employment and development of existing and new models to assist the understanding and prediction of environmental scenarios.
- Software Design and Decision Support Tools Design and installation of software tools based on digital platforms, including websites and mobile devices. We have experience of creating tools for tablets and Toughbooks, as well as mobile phone apps.
Applying digital technology
- Agronomy We combine our expertise in crop science, soil science and digital technology to produce innovative services and products that improve yields and business practices. Yield Enhancement Network (YEN), WheatScan, Irriguide, Agronomics
- Livestock Management Our team of livestock consultants have expertise across a range of livestock species including pigs, poultry, cattle and sheep. We combine these skills with experts in algorithm development, modelling, decision support tool development and animal health research to provide innovative solutions using digital technology. Hennovation, PLANET Nutrition Management
- Field, Farm and Catchment Management We use model outputs alongside knowledge of the effects of various mitigation options to build tools that identify the most effective methods to reduce soil, water and air pollutants at source. Farmscoper
- Supply Chain Management We produce both risk assessment models and environmental impact assessment models. Risk assessment models enable the identification of resource processes that are inefficient or vulnerable to change. EAgRET, Reducing supply chain Greenhouse Gas emissions
- Vegetation Management Our consultants work with developers and utility companies, providing innovative data capture and data management solutions to large scale vegetation management challenges. LiDAR surveys, SSE Reports Portal
- Planning and Development By applying skills in innovative data capture methods, GIS, modelling and software tools, we offer innovative solutions that support sustainable development whilst also protecting the environment. Participatory GIS, Urban Tree Strategy, Air Quality
Digital project in the spotlight
Agriculture in China: ADAS expertise can help address the challenge of sustainable Chinese food security
Find out more
China feeds 21% of the world’s population with only nine percent of the global arable land area1. Only about 10-15% of the land in China can be cultivated and 40% of this is irrigated. There have been massive improvements in productivity in the last 20 years, however, China uses more fertiliser than any other country – over 550 kg/ha compared to around 250 kg/ha in the UK.