Closing Date - Monday 14th May
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries. We have a vacancy for a Principal Ecological Consultant, the successful candidate will join a team of Ecological professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
Principal Ecological Consultant – Oxfordshire
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Principal Ecological Consultant to manage and develop our ecology business in the South East of England. By delivering a responsive, reliable and practical service we have established a number of long term relationships with clients in the utility, developer, construction and rail sectors. To build on our success we are seeking a commercial and practical Principal Ecological Consultant to further develop these client relationships, develop new innovative ideas and promote our distinctive offer to new clients. Within our Oxford office you will have the opportunity to work with landscape architects, archaeologists and EIA specialists. In the wider business you will also work with planners and arborists to provide practical ecological advice and solutions that makes a real difference to our clients’ businesses.
To lead and manage the ecology team working from the Abingdon office. Deliver a responsive, reliable and practical ecological consultancy and mitigation to our existing clients to further develop our long established relationships. Take the lead in business development for ecology in the South East and mentor and provide high level technical support for existing members of staff.
This will involve:
- Managing the delivery of large and/or complex project work for key electricity, water and development contracts, this will involve managing all commercial aspects, including the deployment of resource and equipment.
- Undertaking a wide range of more demanding ecological surveys and mitigation, preparation of European Protected Species licences and report writing.
- Taking the lead role in managing key accounts and ecology frameworks in the South and East of England.
- Proactively identifying and developing business with new clients, preparing and submitting proposals for new and existing clients, and providing technical input into wider ADAS proposals and bids for private and public sector clients.
- Managing, training and mentoring a team of ecology staff to develop technical, commercial and business development skills.
Successful candidates will:
- Manage the delivery of work on large and/or complex electricity, water and development contracts. This will involve planning, organising, managing and monitoring to ensure that work is completed to the required CIEEM and other standards, is delivered on time, meets the project profit target, and delivered to the client’s satisfaction.
- Lead and efficiently undertake a range of ecological surveys including those of a demanding nature ensuring that work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Shape, lead and write ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments ensuring that legislative guidelines are met, and undertaking public inquiry work where required.
- Through a good understanding of the market place, competitors and market rates, achieve team and personal business development targets by building good client relationships, leading tenders and sales activities to find and develop new clients.
- Manage, train and mentor your team to develop the technical, commercial and business development skills in order to meet client needs as well as team targets.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location. Occasional weekend working will be required.
- At least one relevant European Protected Species survey licence.
- MCIEEM membership with Chartered Ecologist or Environmentalist being desirable.
- Development mitigation licence holder for a protected species would be desirable.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary, confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK, and identifying how you meet the job criteria. Applications to be sent to Angela Dewhurst, 14 Beecham Court, Pemberton Business Park, Wigan, WN3 6PR, Tel 01942 493255 or email DBU.firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00 a.m. on Monday 14th May 2018. If you require further information on this position, contact Angela Dewhurst as above.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk