Closing Date - 17 March 2017
Role: Principal Environmental Fate Specialist
Location: Cambridgeshire (or part home-based)
Salary: £40,000 - £44,500
Cambridge Environmental Assessments (CEA), part of RSK ADAS Ltd, specialises in designing and conducting higher tier studies and regulatory environmental risk assessments for chemicals, toxicology and REACH compliance. As such, we provide strategic and dossier support for chemical and product registrations across Europe encompassing agrochemicals, biocides, pharmaceuticals, food additives, novel foods, etc. We are part of RSK ADAS, a large independent provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy, rural development services and policy advice.
Our environmental risk assessment group within Cambridge Environmental Assessments are specialists in regulatory environmental risk assessments for chemicals, providing strategic support for product registrations across Europe.
The successful candidate will lead and support the development of higher tier risk assessment approaches and agrochemical efate and biocide dossier section production. This will involve:
- Managing the delivery of agrochemical efate projects, for both commercial and government clients, throughout the complete project cycle. This will involve managing all commercial aspects, including the deployment of resource and equipment.
- Providing high level consultancy in this area including analysing environmental fate data to derive parameters suitable for both EU-level and EU Member State modelling requirements; carrying out PEC calculations for specific EU Member States; applying higher tier environmental fate approaches to solve specific regulatory problems; advising clients on environmental fate study requirements; and production of high quality agrochemical and biocide dossiers, and other regulatory documents.
- Significantly contribute to the CEA biocide regulatory offer, including the preparation of relevant risk assessments, and the preparation and submission of dossier sections.
- Selling studies through developing relationships with key clients including seeking and increasing opportunities with new clients, and account managing key clients.
- Take part in CEA initiatives to develop government-funded research and consultancy opportunities.
- Attending relevant conferences and meetings to develop CEA’s profile.
Successful candidates will
- Take sole responsibility for projects in the agrochemical efate area which will require a full understanding of the regulatory and technical requirements. You will be required to significantly contribute to risk assessment problem solving by providing innovative solutions to regulatory problems.
- Personally deliver demanding consultancy to meet personal delivery targets, this will involve using your extensive knowledge and understanding of environmental fate requirements in the EU as well as your experience in the preparation of efate dossier sections for EU agrochemical submissions and experience in conducting exposure calculations.
- Through a good understanding of the market place, competitors and market rates, achieve team and personal sales targets by building excellent client relationships, leading and writing tenders and undertaking sales activities to find and develop new clients.
- Lead and manage large and/or complex agrochemical projects. This will involve planning, organising, quality control and monitoring, to ensure that the work is completed to the client’s satisfaction, to the project protocol, is on time and meets the project profit target.
- A willingness to work flexibly with occasional travel within Europe.
- A full driving licence.
What do we offer?
- Salary in the range of £40,110 to £44,567
- 25 days annual leave per year, increasing to 30 days, plus bank and public holidays
- A pension scheme to which the company contributes
- A range of other staff and family friendly benefits
- RSK ADAS is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary, confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK, and identifying how you meet the job criteria.
Applications to be sent to Angela Dewhurst, 14 Beecham Court, Pemberton Business Park, Wigan, WN3 6PR, Tel 01942 493255 or email DBU.firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00 a.m. on Friday 17th March 2017. If you require further information on this position, contact Angela Dewhurst as above.
For more information about CEA and RSK ADAS visit www.cea-res.co.uk and www.adas.co.uk
Interviews will be held at our Cambridge office.