Closing Date - 26 November 2017
GIS Software Developer
Wolverhampton preferred (options may be explored)
£25-35K dependent on experience
ADAS is the UK’s largest independent provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy, rural development services and policy advice. ADAS has a unique combination of insight and practical experience, underpinned by robust, informed, science-based information that allows us to meet the needs of both our domestic and international clients. Our great strength is our breadth and depth of expertise spanning the entire environmental sector.
Purpose of Role
This is a great opportunity for a talented developer with 2 or more years’ relevant experience and an enthusiasm for the natural sciences. You will work on a wide range of interesting and challenging projects for internal and external clients within the agricultural and environmental sectors. We are looking for a capable and proactive developer to complement the existing team.
As part of the role and working alongside a senior developer, successful candidates will:
- Create GIS-based software tools for government and private clients using ESRI and open source technologies
- Developing effective data storage, management and retrieval solutions, applying Entity Framework, LINQ and SQL Queries
- Develop APIs for science-driven software for use by policymakers and land managers for decision support and scenario exploration
- Produce modern and engaging websites that scale to different devices and are easy to maintain, using responsive web design frameworks
- Contribute to the ongoing development, maintenance and support of key software systems used by ADAS consultants to underpin agricultural trials, farmer engagement and marketing activities
- Contribute to business development and winning new work, including defining, designing and costing new software applications and solutions
- Project manage and deliver software solutions to agreed functionality, budget and timescales
- Provide support and maintenance for these solutions
- Keep your programming skills and knowledge of new technologies up to date
You will possess excellent communication skills and be able to work with people at all levels and across disciplines. You will be an excellent team worker who is able to mentor other developers and be mentored. You will also be capable and willing to work under your own initiative. You will be able to show evidence of working effectively and to a high standard under pressure.
What we require
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Valid UK driving licence
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary, confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK and identifying how you meet the job criteria.
Applications to be sent to SAW Recruitment, ADAS Boxworth, Battlegate Road, Boxworth, Cambridge, CB23 4NN, or email SAW.firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 26 November 2017.
If you require further information on this position, contact Linda Pergande (email@example.com - tel 01954 268307)
Interviews will be held at our Wolves site on Wednesday 6 December 2017. Candidates must be available on this date.
For more information about ADAS visit www.adas.co.uk