Closing Date - Open
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors. ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join. Our Arboricultural business comprises a skilled team of highly qualified arboriculturalists and chartered foresters focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and Network Rail. The team has a vast amount of experience in all aspects of arboriculture and woodland management. The successful candidate will join a team of Arboricultural consultants and surveyors.
Arboricultural Surveyors – South East, East and North East
We have numerous clients and have recently won some large surveying contracts, so are recruiting a number of additional arboricultural surveyors and expanding our arboricultural team accordingly.
The arboricultural surveying may involve:
- Carrying out tree health surveys, hazard assessments, visual tree inspections risk assessment surveys and produce associated reports for our clients.
- Undertaking tree surveys and provide support to the arboricultural team in relation to the requirements of BS5837:2012.
- Specify tree works in line with the requirements of BS3998:2010.
- Use a range of different survey tools including hand held computers and survey software including GIS systems.
Successful candidates will:
- Flexibly carry out arboricultural surveys in line with current industry best practice.
- Have an understanding of key industry standards such as BS5837:2012, BS3998:2010, NJUG Vol 4 and current guidance on tree risk management.
- Produce tree risk management surveys and reports using THREATS, QTRA or other recognized systems.
- Be able to successfully identify a range of tree and shrub species as well as common tree pests and diseases.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- The successful candidate will hold a minimum of a level 3-4 arboricultural qualification or similar.
It would be desirable for the candidate to hold any of the following:
- Lantra Professional Tree Inspection certificate
- Knowledge of THREATS, QTRA or other tree risk assessment method
- Experience of using tree survey software and GIS systems.
- PTS (Personal Track Safety) and ICI (Industry Common Induction)
- IWA (Individual Working Alone)
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and personal development with excellent career progression opportunities.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects. The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary, confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK, and identifying how you meet the job criteria. Applications to be sent to Angela Dewhurst, 14 Beecham Court, Pemberton Business Park, Wigan, WN3 6PR, Tel 01942 493255 or email DBU.email@example.com. If you require further information on this position, contact Angela Dewhurst as above.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain. For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk