Closing Date - Open
ADAS is the leading supplier of independent technical, environmental and farm business advice to the UK’s farmers and growers, land managers and related organisations. We provide a wide range of specialist consultancy services to individual business, undertake leading edge research and deliver knowledge transfer and advice programmes on behalf of government and industry organisations.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group plc which is as one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join ADAS.
Suitable candidates will be required to deliver consultancy to a range of clients.
To lead on the delivery of Agricultural Land Classification (ALC) consultancy contracts in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. To take a lead role in developing business in order to meet the team targets including taking part in sales initiatives to grow our ALC business. ALC has a formal role in the planning system and designed to prevent development on the best and more versatile agricultural land in England and Wales. This will involve:
- Managing the delivery of ALC contracts and includes assisting in the deployment of resource and equipment.
- Carrying out sales activities, including attending sales meetings and working with the Agriculture and Land Management (ALM) Director and Team Leader on sales initiatives to develop business with existing clients and to grow the business with new clients.
- Developing business with clients through establishing good client relationships and identifying opportunities.
- Instructing and co-ordinating subcontractors and technical experts, both internal and external. Preparing specifications, reviewing and managing delivery of work completed by ADAS staff and subcontractors.
- Delivering ALC Surveys and writing ALC Reports.
- Appearance as an Expert Witness.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Relevant degree in geography, environmental science or other subject with a soils module.
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as the British Society of Soil Science (preferably Full Membership M.I. Soil Sci).
- Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of the Defra (originally MAFF) 1988 Agricultural Land Classification of England and Wales ‘Revised guidelines and criteria for grading the quality of agricultural land’ and provide evidence of surveys carried out and reports written using these guidelines.
- Able to demonstrate experience of providing advice in the restoration of disturbed land and drafting soil resource management plans.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary range negotiable.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care.
- We support Continuing Professional Development.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, choice of locality, social activities and involvement in community projects.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
To apply for this vacancy, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to SAW.Recruitment@adas.co.uk.
The RSK Group is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.