Closing Date - 17 March 2017
Role: Head of Aquatic Ecotoxicology
Salary: £47,500 - £52,500
Cambridge Environmental Assessments (CEA), part of RSK ADAS Ltd, specialises in designing and conducting higher tier studies and regulatory environmental risk assessments for chemicals, toxicology and REACH compliance. As such, we provide strategic and dossier support for chemical and product registrations across Europe encompassing agrochemicals, biocides, pharmaceuticals, food additives, novel foods etc. We are part of RSK ADAS, a large independent provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy, rural development services and policy advice.
Our team of Ecotoxicologists provide consultancy and research for both commercial and government clients in the areas of aquatic and terrestrial ecotoxicology. The services we offer include higher-tier risk assessments, design and conduct of aquatic (mesocosm) and terrestrial field studies, bespoke laboratory studies with many species of aquatic invertebrates and plants.
As Head of our Aquatic Ecotoxicology team you will lead and manage the team working from the Cambridgeshire site. You will be instrumental in devising and implementing the growth strategy for this group as well as mentoring and providing high level technical support for the team. This will involve:
- Leading the business development of CEA’s Aquatic Ecotoxicology data generation business.
- Provide technical leadership in the area of Regulatory Aquatic Ecotoxicology, ensuring that CEA remains at the forefront of developments in the area.
- Selling studies through developing relationships with key clients including seeking and developing opportunities with new clients.
- Taking the lead role in managing key accounts.
- Managing the delivery of large and/or complex project work, this will involve managing all commercial aspects, including the deployment of resource and equipment.
- Providing technical support to staff with regard to relevant areas of the aquatic ecotoxicology and associated industries.
- Attending relevant conferences and meetings to develop CEA’s profile.
Successful candidates will
- Through a good understanding of the market place, competitors and market rates, achieve team and personal sales targets by building excellent client relationships, leading tenders and sales activities to find and develop new clients.
- Lead and manage the delivery of work of large and/or complex Aquatic Ecotoxicology projects for key clients. This will involve planning, organising, quality control and monitoring to ensure that work is completed to the client’s satisfaction, to the project protocol, is delivered on time and meets the project profit target. This also includes studies placed on behalf of clients at other external facilities.
- Manage, train and mentor your team to develop the technical, commercial and business development skills in order to meet client needs as well as team targets.
- A willingness to work flexibly with occasional travel within Europe.
- A full driving licence.
- Experience within a GLP environment would be desirable (but full training will be given).
What do we offer?
- Salary in the range of £47,273 to £52,525
- 25 days annual leave per year, increasing to 30 days, plus bank and public holidays
- A pension scheme to which the company contributes
- A range of other staff and family friendly benefits
- RSK ADAS is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary, confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK, and identifying how you meet the job criteria.
Applications to be sent to Angela Dewhurst, 14 Beecham Court, Pemberton Business Park, Wigan, WN3 6PR, Tel 01942 493255 or email DBU.firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00 a.m. on Friday 17th March 2017. If you require further information on this position, contact Angela Dewhurst as above.
For more information about CEA and RSK ADAS visit www.cea-res.co.uk and www.adas.co.uk
Interviews will be held at our Cambridge office.